Gary The Buck

Gary The Buck
I am a handsome bitch

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Another Soul Lead Through The Promise Land

Deer Gary: I am a 42-year-old man, married with two children. Things are just fine within my immediate family. The problem is my mother. She wants me to buy her an automobile. Not just any automobile. She wants one exactly like mine.
Mother has a comfortable lifestyle and can certainly afford to buy any car she wants on her own. However, for some reason, she thinks I should give her one. And, of course, she doesn't want anything as moderately priced as the neighbor's car. She feels entitled to a car just like mine — the expensive variety. No other car will do.
Gary, I have worked hard for everything I have, including my car. I paid my own way through college and am reasonably successful in business. I do not feel that I should deprive my children of the money we are saving for their college education in order to satisfy my mother's expensive taste in automobiles. I have told her that money is tight at the moment, but this hasn't stopped her from nagging.
My relationship with my mother has never been terribly close, and now, her pressuring me to buy a car is straining it to the breaking point. I don't want to destroy the good will that I have slowly and carefully built up over the years.
I need some advice. — No Name, No City, Please

Deer Whoever the hell you are,
With all due respect tell your mother to turn up her damn hearing aid because apparently it's set too low for her to understand just what the hell you are trying to tell her.  Next you need to grow a set, tell your mom to go to hell, and let her know if you are going to buy her a car it's going to be a 1991 Geo-fucking-Metro.
If you keep caving to your mom the next thing she'll insist upon is a tricked out motorized wheelchair so she can play bingo with the rest of the geriatrics in style.  Fuck that.  Not on my watch. Cowboy up douchebag.

You're Welcome,
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to find us

www.therockfordmules.com
www.facebook.com/therockfordmules
twitter.com/rockfordmules
http://www.reverbnation.com/therockfordmules